Videos are taking the internet by storm. As per reports, YouTube reports 100% increase in mobile video consumption every year. Marketers want to cash on this craze and make videos of their products and services available to consumers. And why not, statistics for 2018 tell us that 90% of users find product videos helpful in the decision process.
Making a video requires superior video editing skills. It is a creative skill that has to be mastered over a period of time. We would like to share a few tips here on how beginners can up their skill quotient and create high- quality videos with just basic knowledge of the domain.
- Ramp up your RAM: It is important that your computer has a good RAM (random access memory) capacity. A minimum of 8 GB RAM works well for creating videos. Couple this up with a good quad-core processor and a decent memory space on a hard drive and you are ready to produce your first quality video.
- Invest in the right editing software: Once you have the PC configurations right, it is time to select the right video editing software. There are a number of free video editing software available like Windows Movie Maker, Video Pod Video Editor, Open Shot, etc. However, if you are serious about the business of video editing, invest in good software. Good things come at a price. Some of the software that professional video editors use are Hitfilm express, Apple iMovie, Lightworks, etc.
- Add music, graphics, and sfx: A video has a strong emotional connect with its audience more than an article or a static image. Take advantage of these characteristics of video and films and create a deep emotional connection with your audience. Add appropriate music, graphics, and special effects to make your videos more impactful.
- Let your video be more emotional than technical: You have installed the right software, have upgraded your PC to edit a video, and have learned the key skills of video editing. But that is not going to be enough to make your videos work. The functionality of a video largely depends on how well can it connect with the audience. Let your video not just be a technically good film, but also a deeply connecting one. A good storyboard, fine editing skills and a dash of creativity is all you need to stir the right emotions in your audience.
- Give breathers with visuals: Another very useful tip can be to remember to give breathers while shooting or editing a film. Break your cuts and film scenes in a way that you give some time for the audience to imbibe your message in a clutter-free manner.
- Make it web friendly: Do not forget to make your videos light so that you can upload on the internet. Most of the video editors and directors like to keep the file size heavy so that every shot comes out clearly in a high-resolution environment. But this does not work well while putting things on the web. And remember, the web is the place where you can make your videos most accessible. So think about making your videos web-friendly always.
Video editing and creation is just the first step and we hope that the above tips will come in handy. However, the important bit here is to leverage this video on the right social media platforms for lead generation, sales, and click-throughs.
There are experts in the field of video editing and marketing who can help you. Flowz, for example, has a talented video editing and production team who can help you at a fraction of a cost with superior quality videos. Try our services today.